Effective January 1, 2014
Information collected and how it is used
We offer Services that require you to register for an account or provide personal and company information to us. To provide our range of Services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Log information – When you access setld Services, our servers automatically log information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These logs may include information such as; browser type and language, date and time of your request and cookies that may uniquely identify your browser web request, Internet Protocol address, etc.
- Member / visitor communications – Emails or other communications sent to setld are retained in order to improve our Services and process and respond to your inquiries.
- Links – setld may present internal and external links. Some of these are in a format that enables us to track if links have been followed. This information is used to improve the quality of our customer relationships and your user experience.
setld will only share personal or corporate information with other companies or individuals outside of setld but only in the following limited circumstances:
- With your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We act in good faith that access, use, storage or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to:
(a) satisfy an applicable law, regulation, or enforceable governmental request,
(b) enforce applicable Terms and Conditions of Service
(c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or
(d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of setld, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data. We restrict access to personal information to setld employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.